- Creswell, J. W., & Clark, V. L. P. (2017). Core Mixed Methods Designs. In Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research. SAGE Publications.
- Small, M. L. (2009). ‘How Many Cases Do I Need?’ On Science and the Logic of Case Selection in Field-Based Research. Ethnography, 10(1), 5–38. https://doi.org/10.1177/1466138108099586
- Creswell, J. W., & Clark, V. L. P. (2017). Collecting Data in Mixed Methods Research. In Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research. SAGE Publications.
- Ragin, C. C., & Amoroso, L. M. (2011). Using Comparative Methods to Study Diversity. In Constructing Social Research: The Unity and Diversity of Method (pp. 135–162). Pine Forge Press.
- Marshall, Catherine, and Gretchen B. Rossman. 2014. “Qualitative Research Genres.” In Designing Qualitative Research. SAGE Publications.